Friday, July 31, 2009

Just another bridge for the crossing...

Tomorrow is Saturday, August 1st and for all of those out there who live in the city you know what this means...move-out/move in day! I am so excited for the festivities of packing, moving and unpacking to commence! I know that it will be a lot of work for me and my family but i am so excited to flip the page of my life with a fresh start!

This past year has been a tough one for me...I have learned a lot about myself and a couple of other people that were close to me. I know that this year is going to be everything and more because i am going to make it that way! I will be living in a beautiful house with 3 lovely young women, i get my own room, the house is an easy ride away from downtown, and i have a brand new attitude!
I have done quite a bit of thinking and reflecting in the past few weeks and i have come to the decision that I am going to graduate college in the Spring of 2010- a whole year earlier than originally planned. I have made this decision for the following reasons:
1) I have attended summer school for the past 2 summers and if i load up on 20 units each semester (fall and spring) then i will be able to graduate in the Spring!
2) I haven't had the easiest time in college. I guess its just not really my thing?
3) I am o so ready for bigger and better endeavors!
4) Most importantly...i want to make my parents proud, i have really never done anything exceptionally well to make my parents beam with pride so hopefully i can make them proud and graduate in a year!

I am very excited about the choice that i have made yet on the other hand i don't really know where i am going to go from there. Hopefully grad school if i can bring up my GPA and hopefully i will be able to attend the U of O, at least that's were my head is at for now but who is to say that it wont change within the next year!

All in all i am excited to begin a new year, my last year of college, and to take in all that God has in store for me and tomorrow's move marks the beginning of it! :) The way i see it, its just another bridge for the crossing so why not have a little fun, i may have to pay a toll but i know that in the end it will all be worth it and i will be one step closer to finding who i am!






No comments:

Post a Comment